Thursday, September 14, 2006

First Day of School


I took Devin to his first day of school this year. We sang his favorite songs on the car ride over, and I told him that some of his old friends from last year's pre-school class would be in his new class.

He was ready, with new clothes, sneakers ("with lights!" as he always clarifies), lunchbox, and a backpack (which didn't have much in it, but he liked the look).

He walked in to his new classroom, sat down, and within minutes was busy drawing. I was a mere afterthought--he barely looked up at me when I told him I was leaving for work.

Last year when he entered pre-school as a "Butterfly" he wore diapers, spoke in fragments, and was into fire trucks.

This year he enters as a "Rainbow" and wears SongeBob boxer briefs, uses words like "Actually" and "Otherwise" in full sentences, and is enraptured with animals.

I'm always told that the toddler stage goes fast, and now I know it to be true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home